Select Committee on Estimates 2020-2021 (Disestablished)
Secretary: Mrs Nicola Kosseck
The Select Committee on Estimates 2020-2021 was established on Thursday 20 February 2020.
The Select Committee on Estimates 2020-2021 was disestablished on Thursday 2 April 2020 because the 2020-2021 budget was delayed due to COVID-19.
- a Select Committee on Estimates 2020-2021 be appointed to examine the expenditure proposals contained in the Appropriation Bill 2020-2021, the Appropriation (Office of the Legislative Assembly) Bill 2020-2021 and any revenue estimates proposed by the Government in the 2020-2021 Budget and prepare a report to the Assembly;
- the Committee be composed of:
- one Members to be nominated by the Government;
- one Members to be nominated by the Opposition; and
- one Member to be nominated by the ACT Greens; to be notified in writing to the Speaker within two hours of this motion passing; an Opposition Member shall be elected chair of the Committee by the Committee;
- funds be provided by the Assembly to permit the engagement of external expertise to work with the Committee to facilitate the analysis of the Budget and the preparation of the report of the Committee;
- the Committee is to report by Tuesday, 11 August 2020;
- if the Assembly is not sitting when the Committee has completed its inquiry, the Committee may send its report to the Speaker or, in the absence of the Speaker, to the Deputy Speaker, who is authorised to give directions for its printing, publishing and circulation;
- for the purpose of taking evidence the following will constitute a quorum:
- two members of the Committee; or
- one member of the Committee and any other non-executive Member of the Assembly; and
- the foregoing provisions of this resolution, so far as they are inconsistent with the standing orders, have effect notwithstanding anything contained in the standing orders.