Select Committee on Estimates 2018-2019 (Dissolved)
The Select Committee on Estimates 2018-19 was established on Thursday 22 March 2018.
The Committee will be holding public hearings from 15 June to 29 June 2018 and will report to the Assembly by Tuesday 31 July 2018.
|Inquiry into Appropriation Bill 2018-2019 and Appropriation (Office of the Legislative Assembly) Bill 2018-2019||7 June 2018 (Referred)||31 July 2018 (Completed)|
- a Select Committee on Estimates 2018-2019 be appointed to examine the expenditure proposals contained in the Appropriation Bill 2018-2019, the Appropriation (Office of the Legislative Assembly) Bill 2018-2019 and any revenue estimates proposed by the Government in the 2018-2019 Budget and prepare a report to the Assembly;
- the Committee be composed of:
- two Members to be nominated by the Government;
- two Members to be nominated by the Opposition; and
- one Member to be nominated by The Greens; and
- an Opposition Member shall be elected chair of the Committee by the Committee;
- funds be provided by the Assembly to permit the engagement of external expertise to work with the Committee to facilitate the analysis of the Budget and the preparation of the report of the Committee;
- the Committee is to report by Tuesday, 31 July 2018;
- if the Assembly is not sitting when the Committee has completed its inquiry, the Committee may send its report to the Speaker or, in the absence of the Speaker, to the Deputy Speaker, who is authorised to give directions for its printing, publishing and circulation; and
- the foregoing provisions of this resolution, so far as they are inconsistent with the standing orders, have effect notwithstanding anything contained in the standing orders.
to be notified in writing to the Speaker by 12.15 pm today;
Mr Andrew Wall MLA (Chair)
Ms Tara Cheyne MLA (Deputy Chair)
Ms Caroline Le Couteur MLA
Ms Elizabeth Lee MLA
Ms Suzanne Orr MLA
Public Hearings Schedule
Public hearings from Friday 15 June to Friday 29 June 2018.
|Estimates 2018-2019 hearings schedule||PDF (251.1 KB)|
|Specialist Budget Adviser Report ACT Budget 2018-19||PDF (1.1 MB)|