The Select Committee on an Independent Integrity Commission was established on Wednesday, 6 June 2018.
The Select Committee has two pieces of proposed legislation before it. The Anti-corruption and Integrity Commission Bill 2018 was presented to the Assembly by Mr Alistair Coe MLA on 6 June 2018 and can be viewed on www.legislation.act.gov.au. Mr Coe also provided documents to the select committee showing how his bill relates to the recommendations of the previous select committee and the ACT government’s response. The select committee has published these documents at https://www.parliament.act.gov.au/in-committees/select_committees/independent-integrity-commission-2018#tab-1208398-4
The ACT Government has provided an exposure draft of legislation to establish an Independent Integrity Commission. This can be viewed at www.legislation.act.gov.au/ed/default.asp.
If you wish to provide a submission on the draft legislation please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Friday 31 August 2018. Guidelines to assist individuals and organisations to make their submissions can be accessed via the Assembly's website at: https://www.parliament.act.gov.au/in-committees/Getting-involved.
Submitters are advised that it within the discretion of the Committee to decide whether or not a person or organisation lodging a submission should be invited to appear as a witness. If the Committee chooses to hold public hearings they are likely to take place in the second half of September.
|Inquiry into the establishment of an Integrity Commission for the ACT||6 June 2018||31 October 2018 (Completed)|
Mr Shane Rattenbury MLA (Chair)
Ms Elizabeth Lee MLA (Deputy Chair)
Ms Bec Cody MLA
Mrs Vicki Dunne MLA
Mr Chris Steel MLA
At its meeting on Wednesday, 6 June 2018, the Assembly passed the following resolution:
(1) a select committee be established to further inquire into the establishment of an integrity commission for the ACT, through examination of a draft Government bill and the Anti-corruption and Integrity Commission Bill 2018, and other related matters, with consideration of:
(2) the select committee shall consist of the same Members of the previous select committee inquiring into an Independent Integrity Commission, unless a Member is unavailable, consisting of:
(3) the select committee be provided with necessary staff, facilities and resources;
(4) the select committee is to report by 31 October 2018;
(5) if the Assembly is not sitting when the committee has completed its inquiry, the committee may send its report to the Speaker or, in the absence of the Speaker, to the Deputy Speaker, who is authorised to give directions for its printing, publishing and circulation;
(6) the foregoing provisions of this resolution, so far as they are inconsistent with the standing orders, have effect nothwithstanding anything contained in the standing orders; and
(7) nominations for membership of the committee be notified in writing to the Speaker within two hours following conclusion of the debate on the matter."
|Explanatory Statement for Exposure Draft Integrity Commission Bill 2018||PDF (938.7 KB)|
|Exposure Draft Integrity Commission Bill 2018||PDF (1.6 MB)|
|Mr Coe MLA - Bill marked-up with recommendations||PDF (930.0 KB)|
|Mr Coe MLA - Recommendations and bill implementation||PDF (279.2 KB)|
|Mr Coe MLA - Recommendations, Government Response and Bill||PDF (341.2 KB)|