The Select Committee on an Independent Integrity Commission was established on Wednesday, 6 June 2018.
At its meeting on Wednesday, 6 June 2018, the Assembly passed the following resolution:
(1) a select committee be established to further inquire into the establishment of an integrity commission for the ACT, through examination of a draft Government bill and the Anti-corruption and Integrity Commission Bill 2018, and other related matters, with consideration of:
(2) the select committee shall consist of the same Members of the previous select committee inquiring into an Independent Integrity Commission, unless a Member is unavailable, consisting of:
(3) the select committee be provided with necessary staff, facilities and resources;
(4) the select committee is to report by 31 October 2018;
(5) if the Assembly is not sitting when the committee has completed its inquiry, the committee may send its report to the Speaker or, in the absence of the Speaker, to the Deputy Speaker, who is authorised to give directions for its printing, publishing and circulation;
(6) the foregoing provisions of this resolution, so far as they are inconsistent with the standing orders, have effect nothwithstanding anything contained in the standing orders; and
(7) nominations for membership of the committee be notified in writing to the Speaker within two hours following conclusion of the debate on the matter."
Ms Bec Cody MLA
Mrs Vicki Dunne MLA
Ms Elizabeth Lee MLA
Mr Shane Rattenbury MLA
Mr Chris Steel MLA