On 14 February 2019 the Legislative Assembly referred matters related to fuel prices in the ACT to a Select Committee on Fuel Pricing for inquiry and report. Matters to be addressed by the Committee are:
The Committee is required to report to the Assembly by Thursday, 6 June 2019.
The Committee invites written submissions on the matters referred to it to be lodged by 5 pm, Monday, 11 March 2019.
The Committee anticipates holding public hearings soon after the time for lodgement of submissions closes.
The Committee prefers submissions be lodged electronically. It is important to read the Assembly guidelines for the preparation and lodgement of submissions before preparing a submission. These guidelines are at: http://www.parliament.act.gov.au/in-committees/Getting-involved.
Submissions should be forwarded to:
The Committee Secretary, Select Committee on Fuel Pricing, Legislative Assembly for the ACT, GPO Box 1020, CANBERRA ACT 2601.
For further information please refer to the Committee inquiry homepage or contact the Committee Secretary, Andrew Snedden on (02) 6205 0199. And email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Inquiry into Fuel pricing||14 February 2019||On-going|
At its meeting on Thursday, 14 February 2019, the Assembly passed the following resolution:
(1) a select committee be established to inquire into, and report on, fuel prices in the ACT, including:
(2) the select committee shall consist of the following:
(3) the select committee is to report by the last sitting day in June 2019;
(4) the foregoing provisions of this resolution, so far as they are inconsistent with the standing orders, have effect notwithstanding anything contained in the
standing orders; and
(5) nominations for membership of the committee be notified in writing to the
Speaker within two hours following conclusion of the debate on the matter.".
The survey is at http://bit.ly/fuelpricesACT