The ACT Government presented the 2017-2018 Budget in the Legislative Assembly on Tuesday 6 June 2017. The Budget papers will be available on the Treasury website at: http://apps.treasury.act.gov.au/budget.
The Select Committee on Estimates 2017-2018 examined the expenditure proposals contained in the Appropriation Bill 2017‑2018, the Appropriation (Office of the Legislative Assembly) Bill 2017‑2018 and any revenue estimates proposed by the Government in the 2017-2018 Budget and presented its report to the Assembly on 1 August 2017.
This Inquiry is now closed.
If you would like any further information please contact the Secretariat, on 620 50435.
8 June 2017
1 August 2017
Mr Andrew Wall MLA (Chair)
Ms Bec Cody MLA (Deputy Chair)
Mr Alistair Coe MLA
Ms Caroline Le Couteur MLA
Mr Michael Pettersson MLA
1. a Select Committee on Estimates 2017-2018 be appointed to examine the expenditure proposals contained in the Appropriation Bill 2017‑2018, the Appropriation (Office of the Legislative Assembly) Bill 2017‑2018 and any revenue estimates proposed by the Government in the 2017-2018 Budget and prepare a report to the Assembly;
2. the Committee be composed of:
3. funds be provided by the Assembly to permit the engagement of external expertise to work with the Committee to facilitate the analysis of the Budget and the preparation of the report of the Committee;
4. the Committee is to report by Tuesday, 1 August 2017;
5. if the Assembly is not sitting when the Committee has completed its inquiry, the Committee may send its report to the Speaker or, in the absence of the Speaker, to the Deputy Speaker, who is authorised to give directions for its printing, publishing and circulation; and
6. the foregoing provisions of this resolution, so far as they are inconsistent with the standing orders, have effect notwithstanding anything contained in the standing orders.
|Government Responses to Committee Report including Government responses to Specialist Budget Advisor Report||PDF (2.4 MB)|
|Review of ACT Budget Report 2017-18 (Greyscale) - by Pegasus||PDF (1.4 MB)|
|Review of ACT Budget Report 2017-18 - by Pegasus||PDF (1.4 MB)|
Secretary: Mrs Nicola Kosseck
Phone: (02) 620 50435