On 30 November 2017, the ACT Legislative Assembly established a Select Committee to review and report on end of life choices in the ACT.
The Committee’s full terms of reference are to inquire into and report on:
Submissions of this Inquiry are now closed.
Correspondence may send to: LACommitteeEOLC@parliament.act.gov.au
Secretary, Select Committee on End of Life Choices in the ACT, Legislative Assembly for the ACT, GPO Box 1020, CANBERRA ACT 2601.
For further information about the inquiry please contact the Committee Secretary, Andrew Snedden on (02) 6205 0199 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Inquiry into End of Life Choices in the ACT||30 November 2017||On-going|
Ms Bec Cody MLA (Chair)
Mrs Vicki Dunne MLA (Deputy Chair)
Ms Tara Cheyne MLA
Mrs Elizabeth Kikkert MLA
Ms Caroline Le Couteur MLA
Amended terms of reference for the Committee inquiry (as passed by the Assembly, 2 August 2018):
(1) a select committee be established to inquire into end of life choices in the ACT, including:
(2) the select committee shall consist of the following number of members, composed of:
(3) the select committee be provided with necessary staff, facilities and resources;
(4) the select committee is to report by the last sitting day in 2018;
(5) if the Assembly is not sitting when the committee has completed its inquiry, the committee may send its report to the Speaker or, in the absence of the Speaker, to the Deputy Speaker, who is authorised to give directions for its printing, publishing and circulation;
(6) the foregoing provisions of this resolution, so far as they are inconsistent with the standing orders, have effect notwithstanding anything contained in the standing orders;
(7) nominations for membership of the committee be notified in writing to the Speaker within two hours following conclusion of the debate on the matter; and
(8) notwithstanding the provisions of standing order 241, Committee considerations do not preclude Members from publicly discussing Territory rights, including the current Federal legislative restriction on voluntary assisted dying, to allow all Members to comply with that contained within (4) of the unanimously passed Voluntary Assisted Dying motion of 1 November 2017.
Legislative Assembly - Voluntary Assisted Dying motion of 1 November 2017
Paragraph 4 – see resolution passed on 2 August 2018 (above).
On 27 November 2018—at its meeting, the Assembly agreed to amend by omitting the words "last sitting day in 2018" and substituting “last sitting day in March 2019'.
Secretary: Mr Andrew Snedden
Phone: (02) 620 50199