Invitation for submissions
To make a submission by email, send an email with attachment/s to: Committees@parliament.act.gov.au; or firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions are to be lodged by COB 20 June 2017.
Submissions are to be prepared in accordance with the submission guidelines. View submissions guidelines. (PDF 477kb)
Send hard-copy submissions to:
Standing Committee on Planning and Urban Renewal
GPO Box 1020
CANBERRA, ACT 2601
For any further questions phone the Secretary on (02) 6205 0137
The Committee resolves to inquire into billboards for outdoor advertising in the present — Ninth — Assembly, including into:
1. Current rules and practices concerning billboard advertising, including:
a. the rationale for existing regulations in the ACT;
b. the terms of the existing regulations in the ACT;
c. the effectiveness of the existing regulations and enforcement measures in the ACT;
d. a comparative analysis of billboard regulation in other jurisdictions; and
e. the definition of ‘billboard’ when compared with definitions for other signage;
2. Community views on placement and construction of billboards;
3. Merits and challenges of establishing designated areas for billboard advertising, including:
a. impact on business and community organisations;
b. use of new billboard technology; and
c. potential to enliven urban areas;
4. Ways in which elements of billboard advertising could be regulated in the ACT to limit environmental or aesthetic impact, including number, size, location, advertising periods and content; and
5. Any other relevant matter.
The Committee will report to the Assembly by the last sitting day of October 2017.