Every year the Select Committee on Estimates seeks the views of community and industry representative groups on the ACT Budget.
The ACT Government will present the 2017-2018 Budget in the Legislative Assembly on Tuesday 6 June 2017. Following this, the Budget papers will be available on the Treasury website at: http://apps.treasury.act.gov.au/budget.
The Committee is interested to hear issues of interest and concern to community and industry groups relating to the 2017-18 ACT Budget and invites you to contribute to the inquiry.
This process can be initiated by completing the survey. Completed surveys should be returned to the Secretariat no later than 3.00pm on Friday 9 June 2017. Unfortunately extensions beyond this time cannot be granted.
The Committee will be holding public hearings for community and industry groups on Friday 16 June 2017. The Committee will consider completed survey forms and extend invitations to groups which, in its view, would contribute the most value to the program of public hearings. Please indicate in the final question of the survey if you are interested in appearing before the Committee at the public hearing.
If you would like any further information please contact the Secretariat, on 620 50435. Please feel free to pass this survey information on to any other organisation you feel may be interested in contributing.
Mr Andrew Wall MLA (Chair)
Ms Bec Cody MLA (Deputy Chair)
Mr Alistair Coe MLA
Ms Caroline Le Couteur MLA
Mr Michael Pettersson MLA
Secretary: Mrs Nicola Kosseck
Phone: (02) 620 50435
1. a Select Committee on Estimates 2017-2018 be appointed to examine the expenditure proposals contained in the Appropriation Bill 2017‑2018, the Appropriation (Office of the Legislative Assembly) Bill 2017‑2018 and any revenue estimates proposed by the Government in the 2017-2018 Budget and prepare a report to the Assembly;
2. the Committee be composed of:
3. funds be provided by the Assembly to permit the engagement of external expertise to work with the Committee to facilitate the analysis of the Budget and the preparation of the report of the Committee;
4. the Committee is to report by Tuesday, 1 August 2017;
5. if the Assembly is not sitting when the Committee has completed its inquiry, the Committee may send its report to the Speaker or, in the absence of the Speaker, to the Deputy Speaker, who is authorised to give directions for its printing, publishing and circulation; and
6. the foregoing provisions of this resolution, so far as they are inconsistent with the standing orders, have effect notwithstanding anything contained in the standing orders.
|00. Listing of Surveys Received||PDF (101.0 KB)|
|01. MARSS||PDF (232.1 KB)|
|02. Youth Coalition of the ACT||PDF (141.3 KB)|
|03. Cystic Fibrosis Association of the ACT||PDF (143.4 KB)|
|05. SCOA Australia ACT (Superannuated Commonwealth Officers Association)||PDF (149.3 KB)|
|06. Property Council of Australia||PDF (591.7 KB)|
|06a. Property Council ACT Budget 2017-18 Member Briefing Note||PDF (984.3 KB)|
|06b. Property Council MR ACT Budget||PDF (463.2 KB)|
|07. Childers Group||PDF (142.3 KB)|
|09. Pedal Power ACT Inc||PDF (253.0 KB)|
|10. ACT Council of Social Service Inc. (ACTCOSS)||PDF (177.7 KB)|
|10a. ACTCOSS 2017-18 ACT Budget Snapshot||PDF (293.1 KB)|
|10b. ACTCOSS - Questions||PDF (54.3 KB)|
|10c. ACTCOSS - ACT Budget 2017 - a question of priorities||PDF (128.2 KB)|
|Community and Industry Representative Groups Survey 2017 Form||PDF (133.4 KB)||Word (217.5 KB)|
8 June 2017